Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
- 4 medium green or sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked meat loaf
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut top off peppers and remove seeds. In a large saucepan, cook peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Remove from the heat; add the meat loaf, rice, salsa, cilantro and cumin. Sprinkle inside of peppers with salt and pepper. Stuff with meat loaf mixture.
- 3. Place in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Stuffed Bell Peppers
"Tried these tonight. Only had 5 green peppers, but had some red peppers in my refrigerator. Used those for the rest. It's even better with the red peppers! They are not as bitter as green."