- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheese of your choice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped tomato
- 3 fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Shape beef into eight patties. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, green pepper, tomato, mushrooms and onions. Top half of the patties with vegetable mixture. Cover with remaining patties and firmly press edges to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with barbecue sauce and sprinkle with sugar. Grill, covered, or broil 5-6 minutes longer on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, basting occasionally. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Stuffed Barbecue Burgers
Sort By :
"Yummmmmmmy. These are the best stuffed burgers I've ever had and are huge hit with the hubby and son. My only suggestion is the filling is entirely too much for four burgers. I end up with 1/3 left and I've made two times. Next time will definitely make less for the filling. But still delish and forever in my roster for burger cravings!!"
"Yum! Just finished eating our burgers. We added fried egg and bacon...not so healthy here! They were delicious! Thanks for the new recipe!"
"Made these for a family get together and they were a huge hit. Very tasty."
"This really sounds good. After living in Texas for ten years, I will replace the green peppers, onion, tomato and mushrooms with Pico de Gallo. That will spice it up a little, I can't wait until we do these!"