These big burgers are almost a meal by themselves. With a delectable cheese and vegetable filling, they'll surely satisfy any crowd. — Loretta Moe, Grafton, North Dakota
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheese of your choice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped tomato
- 3 fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Shape beef into eight patties. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, green pepper, tomato, mushrooms and onions. Top half of the patties with vegetable mixture. Cover with remaining patties and firmly press edges to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with barbecue sauce and sprinkle with sugar. Grill, covered, or broil 5-6 minutes longer on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, basting occasionally. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Barbecue Burgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p102
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Stuffed Barbecue Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review