Stuffed Banana Peppers Recipe
This is a delightful change from traditional stuffed green peppers. Banana peppers and chili powder give a little kick. As a bonus, any leftovers reheat nicely in the microwave.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 8 mild banana peppers
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, optional
- 1. Remove pepper stems; cut peppers in half lengthwise. Carefully remove seeds and membranes; set aside. Combine sausage, rice, onions, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well. Fill pepper halves. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine tomato sauce, water and, if desired, chili powder; pour over peppers.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until filling is cooked and set. Sprinkle with cheese if desired; return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC