- peppers in each prepared dish. Top with remaining sauce; sprinkle
- with remaining cheese.
- Cover and freeze one dish for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the
- remaining dish at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until meat is no
- longer pink and peppers are tender.
- To use frozen stuffed peppers: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and
- bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink
- and peppers are tender. Yield: 2 dishes (6 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 2 stuffed banana peppers with 1/2 cup sauce equals 302 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 1,092 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.