Stuffed Baked Tomatoes Recipe
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup garlic/cheese croutons, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated American or cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Invert onto paper towels to drain. Mix stuffing ingredients. Spoon into tomatoes; sprinkle with parsley.
- 2. Place tomatoes in a baking dish; cover tomatoes with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning of stuffing. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or cook on grill until done. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 146 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Stuffed Baked Tomatoes
"This recipe was delicious. ..I used Italian breadcrumbs and panko breadcrumbs...I used mozerella and a mexican blend shredded chesse..drizzled olive oil before baking...and didnt use foil it browned the toping and tomatoes nicely thanks for sharing"
"I used Italian flavored bread crumbs. Easy recipe. Good tasting."
"Simple recipe, but it takes a lot longer than 30 minutes at 350 F to cook a stuffed tomato (mine took 50 minutes). I substituted seasoned bread crumbs (didn't have croutons), added ricotta cheese and 8 oz. crab meat with celery, onion and garlic to the mix, and then topped with mex-cheese blend. Sprinkled a little Old Bay seasoning on top of the cheese before baking. Turned out fantastic!"
"Simple and so tasty! My family loves this recipe. It's great for a side dish or even as an appetizer."
"I want to be able to print the recipe so that I can try it---PLEASE"
"We made these with good roma's and everyone loved them, especially mom!Of course dad had to change things up a bit.Sprikle inside tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, let soak for 30 mins before stuffing.Used mozzarella instead of american/cheddar, added garlic and fresh basil, topped with more parm, drizzled with evoo.didn't worry about foil."
"My garden is producing wonderful tomatoes this year so I'm looking forward to fixing this favorite tomato recipe again. It has made me quite famous in the neighborhood!"