Stuffed Baked Tomatoes Recipe
I make this dish often - my family really likes it. Besides being flavorful, the tomatoes make a colorful, zesty addition to any dinner.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup garlic/cheese croutons, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated American or cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Invert onto paper towels to drain. Mix stuffing ingredients. Spoon into tomatoes; sprinkle with parsley.
- 2. Place tomatoes in a baking dish; cover tomatoes with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning of stuffing. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or cook on grill until done. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 146 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC