- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup garlic/cheese croutons, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated American or cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Invert onto paper towels to drain. Mix stuffing ingredients. Spoon into tomatoes; sprinkle with parsley.
- Place tomatoes in a baking dish; cover tomatoes with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning of stuffing. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or cook on grill until done. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Baked Tomatoes
Sort By :
"I used Italian flavored bread crumbs. Easy recipe. Good tasting."
"Simple recipe, but it takes a lot longer than 30 minutes at 350 F to cook a stuffed tomato (mine took 50 minutes). I substituted seasoned bread crumbs (didn't have croutons), added ricotta cheese and 8 oz. crab meat with celery, onion and garlic to the mix, and then topped with mex-cheese blend. Sprinkled a little Old Bay seasoning on top of the cheese before baking. Turned out fantastic!"
"Simple and so tasty! My family loves this recipe. It's great for a side dish or even as an appetizer."
"I want to be able to print the recipe so that I can try it---PLEASE"
"We made these with good roma's and everyone loved them, especially mom!Of course dad had to change things up a bit.Sprikle inside tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, let soak for 30 mins before stuffing.Used mozzarella instead of american/cheddar, added garlic and fresh basil, topped with more parm, drizzled with evoo.didn't worry about foil."