- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup garlic/cheese croutons, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated American or cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Invert onto paper towels to drain. Mix stuffing ingredients. Spoon into tomatoes; sprinkle with parsley.
- Place tomatoes in a baking dish; cover tomatoes with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning of stuffing. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or cook on grill until done. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Baked Tomatoes
Sort By :
Simple and so tasty! My family loves this recipe. It's great for a side dish or even as an appetizer.
I want to be able to print the recipe so that I can try it---PLEASE
We made these with good roma's and everyone loved them, especially mom!
Of course dad had to change things up a bit.
Sprikle inside tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, let soak for 30 mins before stuffing.
Used mozzarella instead of american/cheddar, added garlic and fresh basil, topped with more parm, drizzled with evoo.
didn't worry about foil.
My garden is producing wonderful tomatoes this year so I'm looking forward to fixing this favorite tomato recipe again. It has made me quite famous in the neighborhood!