Stuffed Baked Potatoes Recipe
You'll receive raves over these rich, creamy potatoes. They're an extra-nice side dish without a lot of extra effort...a great way to round out your holiday meal. —Lucy Meyring, Walden, Colorado
- 8 baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- Canola oil
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the chives, salt, pepper and enough milk to obtain desired consistency. Spoon into potato shells; sprinkle with paprika.
- 3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. (Potatoes may be stuffed ahead and refrigerated or frozen. Allow additional time for reheating.) Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 249 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC