Stuffed Baked Potatoes
You'll receive raves over these rich, creamy potatoes. They're an extra-nice side dish without a lot of extra effort...a great way to round out your holiday meal. Lucy Meyring, Walden, Colorado
8 ServingsPrep: 1 hour + cooling Bake: 30 min.
- 8 baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- Canola oil
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until
- tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of
- each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the chives, salt,
- pepper and enough milk to obtain desired consistency. Spoon into
- potato shells; sprinkle with paprika.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-30
- minutes or until heated through. (Potatoes may be stuffed ahead and
- refrigerated or frozen. Allow additional time for reheating.)
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 249 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium,