Stuffed Bacon Burgers
Everyone comes running when they hear the sizzle-and smell the wonderful aroma-of these burgers on the grill. Nothing else captures the taste of summer.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 slices (1 ounce each) process American cheese
- 6 bacon strips
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, soup mix and water. Shape into 12
- thin patties. Place a cheese slice on six patties. Cover each with
- another patty. Pinch edges to seal. Wrap a strip of bacon around
- each; fasten with a wooden toothpick.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or
- until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Discard
- toothpicks. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 499 calories, 30 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 928 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.