Stuffed Bacon Burgers Recipe
- 1-1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 slices (1 ounce each) process American cheese
- 6 bacon strips
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1. In a bowl, combine ground beef, soup mix and water. Shape into 12 thin patties. Place a cheese slice on six patties. Cover each with another patty. Pinch edges to seal. Wrap a strip of bacon around each; fasten with a wooden toothpick.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Discard toothpicks. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 499 calories, 30 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 928 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.