Stuffed Baby Red Potatoes Recipe
- 24 small red potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon, divided
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Scrub potatoes; place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. (Cut thin slices from potato bottoms to level if necessary.)
- 3. In a large bowl, mash the potato tops and pulp with butter. Set aside 2 tablespoons each of cheese and bacon for garnish; add remaining cheese and bacon to potatoes. Stir in the sour cream, egg, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into potato shells. Top with remaining cheese and bacon; sprinkle with paprika.
- 4. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 12-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 stuffed potato equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.