Stuffed Asiago-Basil Mushrooms Recipe
- 24 baby portobello mushrooms (about 1 pound), stems removed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, stems removed
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place mushroom caps in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. Meanwhile, place mayonnaise, Asiago cheese, basil and pepper in a food processor; process until blended.
- 2. Drain juices from mushrooms. Fill each with 1 rounded teaspoon mayonnaise mixture; top each with a tomato half.
- 3. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. If desired, top with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 appetizer (calculated without Parmesan cheese): 35 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Stuffed Asiago-Basil Mushrooms
"Very easy to make and quite tasty. My husband had been wanting me to make a portobello dish and I thought this sounded yummy. It was."
"I might use a little less basil next time. :)"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.