Stuffed Asiago-Basil Mushrooms Recipe
Don't like mushrooms? Guess again…you will now! These pretty appetizers taste divine. For a main dish, double the filling and use large portobellos. (This recipe was first place winner in the Mushrooms Every Day, Every Way contest "Inspiring Appetizers" category.) —Lorraine Caland, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- 24 baby portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, stems removed
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place mushrooms on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Drain liquid from mushrooms.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, place the mayonnaise, Asiago cheese, basil and pepper; cover and process until blended.
- Fill mushrooms with a heaping teaspoonful mayonnaise mixture; top with tomato. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Stuffed Asiago-Basil Mushrooms in Mushrooms Every Day, Every Way
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stuffed Asiago-Basil Mushrooms(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mushroom Appetizers >
- Mushroom Recipes >