Stuffed Asiago-Basil Mushrooms Recipe
- 24 baby portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, stems removed
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place mushrooms on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Drain liquid from mushrooms.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, place the mayonnaise, Asiago cheese, basil and pepper; cover and process until blended.
- Fill mushrooms with a heaping teaspoonful mayonnaise mixture; top with tomato. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stuffed Asiago-Basil Mushrooms
Sort By :
Very easy to make and quite tasty. My husband had been wanting me to make a portobello dish and I thought this sounded yummy. It was.
I might use a little less basil next time. :)
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mushroom Appetizers >
- Mushroom Recipes >