Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms Recipe
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) artichoke bottoms, drained
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cut a thin slice from bottoms of artichokes to level if necessary. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, garlic, chives and oregano. Spoon into artichokes; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 84 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
"I havnt tried this yet but sounds delicious. ....I do have a suggestion though.to brown the artichokes in a hot skillet before adding the topping and baking to give the arichokes more texture."
"The filling was very tasty. The artichokes were too slimy for my taste."
"This recipe is so easy and so yummy!! I didn't have any oregano or chives and still was good. They don't stay out long, everyone ate them up."
"Excellent and easy. I am going to add some seafood (shrimp or crab) or some chopped tomato the next time."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.