Stuffed Apricot French Toast Recipe
In our family, this special recipe is often served for our Christmas Day brunch. I was always looking for something unique to serve, and this rich, colorful dish certainly fills the bill. It tastes so good!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds) French bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 teaspoon vanilla until fluffy. Stir in nuts; set aside.
- 2. Cut bread into 1-1/2-in. slices; cut a pocket in the top of each slice. Fill each pocket with about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture. In another bowl, beat eggs, cream, nutmeg and remaining vanilla. Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture, being careful not to squeeze out the filling.
- 3. Cook on a lightly greased griddle until lightly browned on both sides. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the middle comes out clean.
- 4. Meanwhile, combine preserves and orange juice in a small saucepan; heat through. Drizzle over hot French toast. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 632 calories, 31 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 178 mg cholesterol, 662 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Stuffed Apricot French Toast
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC