- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds) French bread
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 teaspoon vanilla until fluffy. Stir in nuts; set aside.
- Cut bread into 1-1/2-in. slices; cut a pocket in the top of each slice. Fill each pocket with about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture. In another bowl, beat eggs, cream, nutmeg and remaining vanilla. Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture, being careful not to squeeze out the filling.
- Cook on a lightly greased griddle until lightly browned on both sides. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the middle comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine preserves and orange juice in a small saucepan; heat through. Drizzle over hot French toast. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Apricot French Toast
Sort By :
A delicious Christmas breakfast entrée!
This is a wonderful dish for a special breakfast or brunch.
I found this recipe many years ago in the magazine. I was thrilled to find it here so that I can share it with my friends. My family loves this recipe. I use to serve it on Christmas. I use chopped pecans.
Excellent for breakfast or brunch. Easy to make ahead of time, and is even good reheated. A family favorite. Have passed the recipe on many times.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- French Toast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >