This is a yummy apple treat that I've served for breakfast as well as dessert. Lemon, cherries and honey add awesome flavor.
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 medium apples
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a small bowl, combine the cherries, 1/4 cup honey, ginger and lemon peel; set aside.
- Core apples, leaving bottoms intact. Peel top half of each apple; place apples in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Fill with cherry mixture; dot with butter. Combine the apple juice, cinnamon and remaining honey; pour over apples. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until tender, basting occasionally with pan juices.
- In a small bowl, beat the creme fraiche, cream and honey until soft peaks form. Serve with warm apples. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Apples with Honey Creme Fraiche in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p132
Reviews for Stuffed Apples with Honey Creme Fraiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review