- Meanwhile, for custard sauce, combine the sugar, flour and salt in a
- saucepan. Gradually stir in milk and cream until smooth. Bring to a
- boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot milk
- mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the
- heat; stir in vanilla. Cool. Serve with warm apples. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 533 calories, 30 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 167 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 8 g protein.