Stuffed Apple Treats
With apple trees right in her own yard, it's no wonder Margaret Slocum of Ridgefield, Washington loves to pack these nutritious and tasty treats in her children's school lunches.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or softened PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons raisins, dried cranberries or dates
- 2 medium apples
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise or cream cheese, nuts and raisins,
- cranberries or dates; set aside. Core each apple. Stuff cavity with
- mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 256 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.