Stuffed Apple Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 boneless butterflied pork chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the apple butter, vinegar, mustard and rosemary. Flatten pork chops to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush with apple butter mixture.
- 2. Combine apple and onion; place over one side of each pork chop. Fold other side of pork over filling and secure with toothpicks.
- 3. In a small ovenproof skillet, brown chops in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Add cider.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until apples and onions are tender. Remove chops and keep warm. Bring pan juices to a boil; cook until reduced by half. Discard toothpicks. Serve with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop with 2-1/2 tablespoons sauce (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 440 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 1,203 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein.