Stuffed Apple Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 boneless butterflied pork chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the apple butter, vinegar, mustard and rosemary. Flatten pork chops to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush with apple butter mixture.
- 2. Combine apple and onion; place over one side of each pork chop. Fold other side of pork over filling and secure with toothpicks.
- 3. In a small ovenproof skillet, brown chops in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Add cider.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until apples and onions are tender. Remove chops and keep warm. Bring pan juices to a boil; cook until reduced by half. Discard toothpicks. Serve with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 440 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 1203mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein .
Reviews for Stuffed Apple Pork Chops
"This was fantastic. Easy to make. I will make this again."
"These a 'drop dead good eats.':>)"
"The flavor combination was fantastic. I doubled the recipe to feed my family and everyone loved it. The local butcher butterflied the pork chops for me. Thank you."