Stuffed Apple Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 boneless butterflied pork chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the apple butter, vinegar, mustard and rosemary. Flatten pork chops to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush with apple butter mixture.
- 2. Combine apple and onion; place over one side of each pork chop. Fold other side of pork over filling and secure with toothpicks.
- 3. In a small ovenproof skillet, brown chops in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Add cider.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until apples and onions are tender. Remove chops and keep warm. Bring pan juices to a boil; cook until reduced by half. Discard toothpicks. Serve with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 440 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 1203mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Stuffed Apple Pork Chops
"This was fantastic. easy to make. I will make this again."
"These a 'drop dead good eats.':>)"
"The flavor combination was fantastic. I doubled the recipe to feed my family and everyone loved it. The local butcher butterflied the pork chops for me. Thank you."