Picture this: It’s Monday night, dinner’s done and you have time to put up your feet. A few ingredients, 15 minutes of prep and hands-free bake time make this smarty-pants main dish a busy cook’s ideal midweek meal. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
Recommended: 33 Family Dinners for Under $10
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- Cook rice and vegetables according to package directions. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the vegetables, rice, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket in each pork chop. Fill each chop with about 1/3 cup rice mixture; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Set aside remaining rice mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the Alfredo sauce and remaining garlic powder and Italian seasoning; heat through. Cover and microwave remaining rice mixture on high for 30-45 seconds or until heated through. Serve with chops and sauce mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Alfredo Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p16
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Stuffed Alfredo Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2012
"I didn't use mixed vegetables instead I used onions and mushrooms which was amazing"