Picture this: It’s Monday night, dinner’s done and you have time to put up your feet. A few ingredients, 15 minutes of prep and hands-free bake time make this smarty-pants main dish a busy cook’s ideal midweek meal. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- Cook rice and vegetables according to package directions. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the vegetables, rice, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket in each pork chop. Fill each chop with about 1/3 cup rice mixture; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Set aside remaining rice mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the Alfredo sauce and remaining garlic powder and Italian seasoning; heat through. Cover and microwave remaining rice mixture on high for 30-45 seconds or until heated through. Serve with chops and sauce mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Alfredo Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p16
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Stuffed Alfredo Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review