- Place squash cut side up on a baking sheet. Place 1 teaspoon
- remaining brown sugar and 1 teaspoon butter in each half. Sprinkle
- with remaining salt. Fill with meat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Acorn squash are easier to cut in half if you first soften them in the microwave for a few minutes. Always pierce squash with a fork before microwaving to allow steam to escape.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed squash half equals 496 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 886 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 23 g protein.