Relates Susan Reynolds of Livermore, Colorado, "One of my husband's favorite foods is acorn squash. I had an abundance of zucchini and acorn squash, so I put together this concoction. He pronounced it 'perfect'!"
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines or butter-flavored crackers
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2 large acorn squash (about 2 pounds each)
- In a medium bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add beef; mix well. Cut squash in half; remove and discard the seeds. Fill with meat mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 400° for 1 hour or until squash is tender. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Acorn Squash in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p12
Reviews for Stuffed Acorn Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review