- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 cup peach or apricot preserves, divided
- 30 vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 20 pecan halves
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 to 3 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine sour cream and egg yolk; add to flour mixture, stirring with a fork to form a soft dough. Divide in half; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12-in. square. Spread with preserves. Combine crushed wafers and coconut; sprinkle over preserves.
- Roll up jelly-roll style; seal seam. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Cut widthwise with a sharp knife three-fourths of the way through dough every 1 in. Beat egg white until foamy; brush over pastry. Place a pecan half on each slice.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Combine the confectioner's sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistence; drizzle over pastries. Yield: 2 pastries (10 serving each).
Originally published as Strudel Sticks in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p67
Reviews for Strudel Sticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2009