Stromboli Slices Recipe
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll loaf of dough at the seam into a square; cut in half. Combine oil and basil; brush lengthwise down half of each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Layer brushed side with pepperoni and cheese. Fold plain dough over filling and pinch edges to seal. Place on greased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices. Serve warm with spaghetti sauce. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 119 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Stromboli Slices
"I made this for a party, and not only was it a cinch to make, it was gobbled up in three seconds flat! It was a total hit, and I know I'll make it again."