“I've served this dish to teens, college students and a women's group," laughs Rachel Jackson in Pennsville, New Jersey. "Everyone has loved it, and many people have asked for the recipe. Easy and delicious, it's sure to please your party guests!”
Featured In: 19 Stromboli Recipes
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll loaf of dough at the seam into a square; cut in half. Combine oil and basil; brush lengthwise down half of each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Layer brushed side with pepperoni and cheese. Fold plain dough over filling and pinch edges to seal. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices. Serve warm with spaghetti sauce. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Stromboli Slices in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p37
Reviews for Stromboli Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2009
"I made this for a party, and not only was it a cinch to make, it was gobbled up in three seconds flat! It was a total hit, and I know I'll make it again."