“I've served this dish to teens, college students and a women's group," laughs Rachel Jackson in Pennsville, New Jersey. "Everyone has loved it, and many people have asked for the recipe. Easy and delicious, it's sure to please your party guests!”
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll loaf of dough at the seam into a square; cut in half. Combine oil and basil; brush lengthwise down half of each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Layer brushed side with pepperoni and cheese. Fold plain dough over filling and pinch edges to seal. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices. Serve warm with spaghetti sauce. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Stromboli Slices in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p37
Reviews for Stromboli Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2009
"I made this for a party, and not only was it a cinch to make, it was gobbled up in three seconds flat! It was a total hit, and I know I'll make it again."