- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 pound sliced ham
- 1/4 pound sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce, divided
- 1/4 pound sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 pound sliced bologna
- 1/4 pound sliced hard salami
- 1/4 pound slice Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Let dough rise in a warm place until doubled. Punch down. Roll loaves together into one 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Layer ham and pepperoni on half of the dough (lengthwise). Sprinkle with onion and green pepper. Top with 1/4 cup of pizza sauce. Layer mozzarella, bologna, salami and Swiss cheese over sauce. Sprinkle with basil, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Spread another 1/4 cup of pizza sauce on top. Fold plain half of dough over filling and seal edges well. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter. Heat the remaining pizza sauce and serve with slice stromboli. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Stromboli Sandwich
Sort By :
"Loved the Stromboli. I may think about adding banana peppers next time."
"Sounds easy & yummy. Hope my rating comes true! Could you use a little italian dressing inside and the red sauce on the side for dipping?"
"Not to go all Italian on some of folks, but when you remove the sauce and place it on the side, it becomes a Calzone instead of a Stromboli. Either way, still delicious.I made my own dough and I changed it up by putting mortadella vs bologna, provolone vs Swiss cheese and prosciutto vs ham. And used fresh herbs. Totally delicious. I'd like to try capicola vs ham next time."
"I didn't add sauce when making Stromboli. We would rather have it ( sauce)on the side. My husband & sons loved this. I would definitely make this again."