- sprinkle with cheeses. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips
- about 2-1/2 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating
- strips at an angle across filling. Pinch ends to seal.
- Beat egg white and water; brush over dough. Bake at 425° for
- 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before
- cutting. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (prepared with turkey pepperoni and part-skim mozzarella) equals 259 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 554 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.