- 1-1/2 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce in a 3-in.-wide strip lengthwise down the center of dough to within 2 in. of ends. Arrange pepperoni over sauce; sprinkle with cheeses. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 2-1/2 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Pinch ends to seal.
- Beat egg white and water; brush over dough. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stromboli Ladder Loaf
Sort By :
"This dough was nice and soft, great texture. Te only thing I might do different the next time is make two loafs, this makes a large loaf, just a little two much bread to filling, or maybe spread filling all over dough and roll up like pizza roll loaf."
"could use frozen dough or a loaf of italian bread with the center cut out"