- 6-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR STROMBOLI:
- 1/2 cup plus 1 to 3 tablespoons water
- 5 slices hard salami
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 batches (about 8 cups).
- To prepare stromboli: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups crust mix and enough water to form a stiff dough. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Place salami lengthwise on half of the dough to within 1/2-in. of edge. Layer with cheddar cheese, ham, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and mozzarella cheese. Fold plain side of dough over filling; seal edges well. Brush with butter; sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes; cut with a serrated knife. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Stromboli Crust Mix
"Bleh. Texture was very heavy and chewy, not very flavorful. quick & easy, yes. Delicious, no. If you do go ahead and give this recipe a try, keep a close eye on it in the oven. I baked mine for about 28 minutes and it still was way overdone."
"Great crust- the whole family loved it!"