Stroganoff-Style Spaghetti 'n' Meatballs Recipe
- 1/2 pound uncooked spaghetti
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon concentrated au jus sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the meatballs, onion and garlic in oil for 4-5 minutes or until meatballs are browned. Stir in the soup, milk, au jus sauce and seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Gradually stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Drain spaghetti; stir into skillet. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 708 calories, 41 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 1,246 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.