- 4 boneless butterfly pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet over medium heat; brown pork chops in oil for 5-6 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. In the drippings, saute onion and mushrooms until tender.
- Stir in the water, mustard and salt; bring to a boil. Return chops to pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pork is tender. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Combine flour and sour cream until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve pork chops and mustard-mushroom sauce over noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Stroganoff-Style Pork Chops
Sort By :
easy - good flavor -
This is so good! The mustard adds the most excellent flavor to the meat. It's even better the next day.