- 4 boneless butterfly pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet over medium heat; brown pork chops in oil for 5-6 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. In the drippings, saute onion and mushrooms until tender.
- Stir in the water, mustard and salt; bring to a boil. Return chops to pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pork is tender. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Combine flour and sour cream until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve pork chops and mustard-mushroom sauce over noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stroganoff-Style Pork Chops in Country Woman September/October 2001, p33
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Stroganoff-Style Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2011
"easy - good flavor -"
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2010
"This is so good! The mustard adds the most excellent flavor to the meat. It's even better the next day."