Stroganoff Sandwiches Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 to 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add bacon and garlic. Combine the flour, salt, paprika and nutmeg; gradually stir into beef mixture until blended.
- 2. Stir in soup (mixture will be thick) and heat through. Add sour cream. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Serve on buns.
- 3. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 392 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 845 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Stroganoff Sandwiches
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.