Stroganoff Sandwiches Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 to 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add bacon and garlic. Combine the flour, salt, paprika and nutmeg; gradually stir into beef mixture until blended.
- Stir in soup and mushrooms (mixture will be thick). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in sour cream. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Stroganoff Sandwiches(7)
Sort By :
My family has enjoyed traditional stroganoff for years so I knew they would like this sandwich. I was right.
My family did not enjoy this. Sadly, it was a waste of ingredients. I did have some and it was just ok; nothing I'd make again.
I'm not sure if I'll make this again. It tasted pretty good, but (I really hate to say this) it looked sort of like canned dog food. I served it to friends and family at a serve-yourself buffet and was a little bit embarrassed at how this looked sitting there in the pan.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stroganoff >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Sandwiches >