Stroganoff In A Bun
For a volunteer firefighters' lunch, Corrine Lingberg of Beresford, South Dakota fixed these rich sandwiches that cost a mere 44 cents each. "After just one taste, they couldn't get enough of them," she recalls. "They're great with deviled eggs and baked beans."
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2/3 cup condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 18 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the mushroom soup, mayonnaise, celery and cheese soup. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until
- heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 18 servings.
Editor's Note: The cost per serving does not include optional ingredients such as garnishes. When there is a choice of two ingredients, the cost is figured with the first one listed.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 315 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 535 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot