Striped Icebox Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon nonpareils
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide into thirds; place in three bowls. Add cherries and food coloring to one portion, chocolate to another portion and nonpareils to remaining portion.
- Line a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with waxed paper. Spread cherry dough over bottom. Cover with chocolate dough, then remaining dough. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove dough from pan; cut in half lengthwise. Cut each portion into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Striped Icebox Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p85
Reviews for Striped Icebox Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2008
These were very easy to make, but just a little bland, I will try a tsp of vanilla next time.
More Recipe Collections
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >