Striped Chocolate Popcorn
Mary Schmittinger writes from Colgate, Wisconsin, “For a bake sale last year, I wanted to try something different. I’d seen chocolate popcorn in a candy shop and thought I’d try making it. This recipe was a great success.”
17 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 cup Diamond of California Pecan Halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, pretzels and pecans. Drizzle
- with butter and toss; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt white candy coating at 70% power for 1 minute;
- stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring
- until smooth. Drizzle over popcorn mixture; toss to coat. Spread on
- foil-lined baking sheets.
- In a microwave, melt milk chocolate coating; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over popcorn mixture. Let stand in a cool place until
- chocolate is set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 17 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 177 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.