String Cheese Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 3 pieces string cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, egg, bread crumbs, garlic and rosemary. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Press half into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Place two pieces of cheese, side by side, near one end of loaf. Cut the remaining piece of cheese in half; place side by side on opposite end of loaf. Top with remaining meat mixture; press down firmly to seal.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Drizzle with the remaining spaghetti sauce; bake 10 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 391 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 911 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.