String Cheese Meat Loaf Recipe
"My daughter likes the cheese stuffed into this flavorful meat loaf made with a blend of ground beef and Italian sausage," writes Laura Lawrence from Salinas, California. "Served with a salad and sourdough bread, the meal is special enough for company."
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 3 pieces string cheese
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, egg, bread crumbs, garlic and rosemary. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well.
- Press half into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Place two pieces of cheese, side by side, near one end of loaf. Cut the remaining piece of cheese in half; place side by side on opposite end of loaf. Top with remaining meat mixture; press down firmly to seal.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Drizzle with the remaining spaghetti sauce; bake 10 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as String Cheese Meat Loaf in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p61
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for String Cheese Meat Loaf(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2013
I loved this recipe when I saw it in the original magazine issue. This is how I've made my meatloaf ever since.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >