- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 3 pieces Galbani® String Cheese
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, egg, bread crumbs, garlic and rosemary. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well.
- Press half into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Place two pieces of cheese, side by side, near one end of loaf. Cut the remaining piece of cheese in half; place side by side on opposite end of loaf. Top with remaining meat mixture; press down firmly to seal.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Drizzle with the remaining spaghetti sauce; bake 10 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for String Cheese Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"Everyone loved it! It came out so moist. Plus, it was very easy. I am keeping this recipe."
"I loved this recipe when I saw it in the original magazine issue. This is how I've made my meatloaf ever since."