String Bean Salad
THIS vegetable dish was served at our condo potluck and our office staff distributed the recipe. The combination of crisp beans and tender potatoes coated with light vinaigrette is very refreshing.
--Jean Grade, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
2 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 small red potato, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potato slices in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan
- over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Add beans; steam 8-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, onion and garlic;
- shake well. Transfer vegetables to a bowl; add dressing and toss to
- coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 161 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.