String Bean Salad Recipe
THIS vegetable dish was served at our condo potluck and our office staff distributed the recipe. The combination of crisp beans and tender potatoes coated with light vinaigrette is very refreshing. --Jean Grade, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
- 1 small red potato, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Place potato slices in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5 minutes. Add beans; steam 8-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, onion and garlic; shake well. Transfer vegetables to a bowl; add dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 161 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for String Bean Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC