THIS vegetable dish was served at our condo potluck and our office staff distributed the recipe. The combination of crisp beans and tender potatoes coated with light vinaigrette is very refreshing. --Jean Grade, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
- 1 small red potato, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potato slices in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5 minutes. Add beans; steam 8-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, onion and garlic; shake well. Transfer vegetables to a bowl; add dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as String Bean Salad in Reminisce August/September 2007, p49
Reviews for String Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review