- 1 package (16 ounces) tube pasta
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 block (4 ounces) provolone cheese, cubed
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a salad bowl; add tomatoes, cheese, peppers, onion and olives.
- In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients; cover and process until blended. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Strikeout Salad
"Very good. I wouldn't change anything about the dressing, but the add-ins you could change to your taste! I didn't add onion, added pickles instead because I LOVE them."
"I make this all the time , my family favorite. easy to make and carry to picnic etc. I add add chunks of ham and turkey and also extra sharp cheese."
"Correction! Grape tomatoes!"
"Yummy! We used mozzarella cheese, left out the olives, and used a container of grape containers.~ Theresa"