Streuseled Zucchini Bundt Cake Recipe
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, patted dry
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, beat the zucchini, yogurt, sugar, egg whites, oil, egg and 3 teaspoons vanilla until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into zucchini mixture until blended.
- Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Pour a third of the batter into pan. Combine the brown sugar, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon and allspice; sprinkle half over batter. Top with another third of the batter. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture; top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, remaining vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over cake. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Streuseled Zucchini Bundt Cake
Sort By :
"Blah. Should be labeled as a "coffee cake". The rating would be a 1 if I rated it as a dessert cake."
"Excellent flavor a great use of zucchini"
"this turned out really good , the only thing I did different was, I did not add the bread crumbs, could not figure out why it was needed."
"This was really tasty! It is very important to get the zucchini as dry as possible; I put mine in a colander to let it drain. The only change I made was to top it with a low-fat cream cheese frosting instead of the glaze. I will be making this again (today, as a matter of fact!)"