Streuseled Zucchini Bundt Cake Recipe
After managing to lose 40 pounds, Regina Stock likes to keep a number of healthy recipes on hand. "This cake is a favorite morning snack," says the Topeka, Kansas baker. "It even won a blue ribbon at our county fair."
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, patted dry
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the zucchini, yogurt, sugar, egg whites, oil, egg and 3 teaspoons vanilla until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into zucchini mixture until blended.
- 2. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Pour a third of the batter into pan. Combine the brown sugar, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon and allspice; sprinkle half over batter. Top with another third of the batter. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture; top with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, remaining vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over cake. Yield: 14 servings.
1 piece equals 279 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC