Inspired by favorite French desserts, this ruby-red galette is a rustic yet elegant tart everyone will love. The edges of the pastry are folded over the cherry filling before baking.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (7 ounces) almond paste
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Shape almond paste into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Roll out between two sheets of waxed paper into a 10-in. circle. Center on pastry. Spoon cherry pie filling over almond paste.
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over pie filling. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Combine egg and water; brush over folded pastry and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Using the parchment paper, slide galette onto a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Streusel-Topped Cherry Almond Galette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p137
Reviews for Streusel-Topped Cherry Almond Galette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review