- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 15 frozen waffles, thawed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 8 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until blended. Place half of the waffle pieces in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drop cream cheese mixture by tablespoonfuls over waffles. Layer with blueberries and remaining waffles.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, melted butter, vanilla and cinnamon until blended; pour over waffles. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until set and top is golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Streusel-Topped Blueberry Waffle Casserole in Taste of Home April/May 2016, p74
Reviews for Streusel-Topped Blueberry Waffle Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2016
"What's not to like? Blueberries are a favorite of mine, so this recipe is a winner! I had never thought to use frozen waffles in a breakfast casserole. It's delicious and different!"