Streusel-Topped Blueberry Muffins Recipe
I received this recipe from my sister-in-law and it has become one of my favorites. I love blueberries so these muffins are perfect!—Brenda Hoffman, Stanton, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg and sour cream; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to sugar mixture just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. For topping, combine brown sugar and flour in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 302 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC