Streusel Strawberry Pizza Recipe
"This is the best dessert pizza I've ever tasted," relates Karen Ann Bland from Gove, Kansas. The fruity treat is easy to put together, too, because it uses convenient cake mix and any flavor of canned pie filling. "It's great for children's parties," she adds.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 can (21 ounces) strawberry pie filling or flavor of your choice
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats and butter until crumbly; set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Add egg to the remaining crumb mixture and mix well.
- 2. Press into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Build up edges and flute if desired. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- 3. Spread pie filling over crust to within 1 in. of edges. Combine the nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over filling.
- 4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 444 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC