"This is the best dessert pizza I've ever tasted," relates Karen Ann Bland from Gove, Kansas. The fruity treat is easy to put together, too, because it uses convenient cake mix and any flavor of canned pie filling. "It's great for children's parties," she adds.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 can (21 ounces) strawberry pie filling or flavor of your choice
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oats and butter until crumbly; set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Add egg to the remaining crumb mixture and mix well.
- Press into a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Build up edges and flute if desired. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- Spread pie filling over crust to within 1 in. of edges. Combine the nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Streusel Strawberry Pizza in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p43
Reviews for Streusel Strawberry Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review