Streusel Strawberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine eggs, yogurt and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in strawberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. For topping, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 213 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Streusel Strawberry Muffins
"Made these this morning, and made some strawberry butter to go with them. They are awesome. The only issues I had were the batter was very thick (not sure if that was normal) and they stuck to the papers I used, so when I peeled off the papers, a good bit of the muffin stayed with the papers. :( But I will definitely be making them again!"
"I made these without the streusel topping, and they were excellent. With the topping, they would have been outstanding. I used non-fat strawberry yogurt for extra flavor."
"I think this is an excellent muffin recipe! We can't wait to try them with peach or blueberry as well! They turned just right in moistness for our taste - much better than other recipes I've tried before."
"I made these tonight and I have mixed feelings. I like the flavor and simplicity of the recipe, especially the pieces of strawberry in nearly every bite! The batter was very dry and I think I over-mixed because my muffins were tough. I also used a container Weight Watchers yogurt and some regular strawberry Yoplait. It might be better to not use the WW yogurt. I will try these again and possibly sift the flour to get some lightness."